IEC 61508, comprised of 7 parts, is the international industry standard governing functional safety of programmable electronic systems. For developers, it’s Part 3 (Part 3 –Software Requirements, Design, Implementation and Testing for E/E/PE systems and IEC 61508), the section that defines software requirements and sets the safety lifecycle for software — including validation and verification—that is of interest.
Adopting these standards can be confusing and challenging. This webinar will provide guidance on how to approach validation and verification to support IEC 61508 certification. Vector Software experts will share insights gained while working with TÜV SÜD to certify the VectorCAST™ solution for IEC 61508 that will save you time and money.
At the webcast, you will learn:
- What the IEC 61508-3 components are, and how they relate to software development
- How to determine what type of software testing to implement on your project, based on Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- How requirements and structural coverage work together to guide organizations toward higher quality software
- How to improve productivity, via the use of automated tools
- Examples of other Industrial Control companies that are using VectorCAST tools to achieve IEC 61508 certification
- And much more…