Location: Detroit MI US; Providence RI US
Vector, the leading provider of automated testing solutions to the automotive and other industries, currently has an opening for a Field Application Engineer (FAE) supporting the VectorCAST product line.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting both customers and prospects from a technical perspective. VectorCAST helps software and quality teams improve and automate the testing of their embedded software applications.
Typical activities include technical discovery meetings, proof-of-concept support, and product demonstrations. The FAE is also responsible for post-sales support activities including product training and consulting, support for general product usage, and technical issue resolution.
- Meet with customers and prospects to understand the details of their software development and testing workflows and match those needs to Vector solutions
- Conceptualize, design, develop and deliver VectorCAST customizations to meet customer needs
- Develop scripts to integrate VectorCAST into customer workflows
- Provide individual or small group coaching to customers to ensure successful use of VectorCAST
- Quickly deploy VectorCAST during short, on-site Proof of Concept phase and ensure it meets customer expectations
- Work with prospects to showcase the benefits of VectorCAST
- Present VectorCAST through on-site and web-based meetings
- Work with technical support team on issue resolution
As a successful Field Application Engineer you must be a team player, goal oriented, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has a good mix of technical and communication skills, both in person and on the phone.
- Must have 5+ years of embedded software development experience
- Experience developing and debugging software for an embedded microprocessor
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with embedded development environments (e.g. Wind River Workbench, Green Hills Multi, IAR Embedded Workbench, gnu/gdb)
- Experience with python
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and understand code written by others
- Understanding of OO design is a plus
- Understanding of C++, including STL and common building blocks such as Boost, is a plus
- Experience with certification standards a plus (DO-178, IEC 62304, ISO 26262, IEC 61508)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tenacity, persistence, and a win-win attitude
- Willingness to travel
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or a related field
To Apply, applicants should submit their resume/CV with cover letter to:
Vector Software, Inc.
1351 South County Trail, Suite 310
East Greenwich, RI 02818 USA
firstname.lastname@example.org (refer to the job title in the subject)
FAX: (401) 398-7186
Vector Software is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer