Location: Detroit MI US; Providence RI US
Vector, the leading provider of automated testing solutions to the automotive and other industries, currently has an opening for a Business Development Manager(BDM) supporting the VectorCAST product line.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to sell our VectorCAST software to new and existing customers, and following those opportunities through to a sale. VectorCAST helps software and quality teams improve and automate the testing of their embedded software applications.
Typical activities include technical discovery meetings, product demonstrations and networking within customer accounts to find new sales opportunities. The BDM is also responsible for representing Vector at trade shows and providing input to marketing.
- Meet with customers and prospects to understand the details of their software development and testing workflows and match those needs to Vector solutions
- Present VectorCAST product demonstrations through on-site and web-based meetings
- Expand sales of VectorCAST to new and existing accounts
- Work to grow smaller customers into major customers through networking and product usage expansion, and utilizing existing relationships with partners
- Qualify new leads for technical fit; document and recommend approach to technically prove VectorCAST capabilities in customer environment
- Monitor and orchestrate success of existing customers to ensure future repeat business
- Identify customer training and consulting opportunities
- Attend industry trade shows
- Effectively manage internal resources for quoting, issue resolution, customer satisfaction, and product deliveries
As a successful Business Development Manager you must be a team player, goal oriented, and be able to work in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate has a good mix of technical and sales experience, both in person and on the phone.
- Must have 3+ years of embedded software development experience in C, C++ or Ada
- Proven track record developing and closing business opportunities
- Able to translate technical value to business value
- Strong understanding of software build processes
- Experience with one or more certification standards (DO-178, IEC 62304, ISO 26262, IEC 61508)
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) a plus
- Experience with embedded development environments (e.g. Wind River Workbench, Green Hills Multi, IAR Embedded Workbench, gnu/gdb) a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tenacity, persistence, and a win-win attitude
- Willingness to travel
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or a related field
To Apply, applicants should submit their resume/CV with cover letter to:
Vector Software, Inc.
1351 South County Trail, Suite 310
East Greenwich, RI 02818 USA
firstname.lastname@example.org (refer to the job title in the subject)
FAX: (401) 398-7186
Vector Software is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer