Last week we spent two days conducting an on-site product evaluation. The client we are working with is a well-known electronics manufacturer that develops and markets devices for mobile, gaming, and music applications
We were able to establish the following core set of goals and metrics:
- Create Unit Test environments for a few Units with the goal of 50% to 100% code coverage
- Create Regression Testing Scripts and verify their proper operation
- Automatically generated Unit Tests using Basis Path Analysis on a file with the goal of at least 50% coverage
- Generate Coverage Metric Reports on the preceding list of goals
- On-Target Unit Testing to the TI DSP target with DSP/BIOS and verify proper operation of the Runtime Support Package
- Establish target coverage metrics on TI DSP Board or Simulator
Although, these goals are pretty aggressive for only a 2-day evaluation, we felt fairly confident.
At the end of the second day, we went through the goals/metrics one-by-one and the customer agreed that we had met or exceeded all the goals. They seemed most impressed by the fact that our team had built all of the target processor and were able to get 96% statement coverage and 85% branch coverage using our automated test generation. We then deployed all tests onto a Jenkins server for regression testing.
Our engineers did a great job! If you'd like to see how VectorCAST can be easily deployed into your development environment drop us an email at email@example.com